- Write long letters
with a broke left hand
to an address since demolished.
- Read braille with your tongue.
- Walk five miles on a game leg
to a butte ten miles away.
- Note the weather.
- Call nine random strangers,
tell them their mothers died,
but you love them anyway.
- Apologize for cruelty —
blacken your own eye.
- Drive until the gas runs out.
- Throw rocks at sheet ice,
enough to dig a hole, a deep hole.
- Kiss her once more
before she sleeps.
- Sip arsenic for the last six days.
- Fear something else.
Death is so damn close I can almost
chew its nails.
Image: Abbie Bernet on Unsplash
Love this. Well Done!!
Thanks NH. To be honest, I have no idea where this came from.
Sometimes those are the best.
Great, Devon. Love the aggression.
Thanks Jon. Feels good to find that voice again.
Yeah, I missed you.